100 word challenge

Goal: To use words I don’t use often.

I will highlight the words I don’t use often.

In this paragraph I will explain to you about the magic of books. Books are fantastic. They are wondrous things. They bring stories to life! And today I will tell you about one particular book, that literally brings a story to life. This book has magical powers. If the reader opens it and reads the first sentence aloud, it will engulf the reader in a huge storm, then teleport it inside the book. The reader will be teleported to a pirate ship, and be held prisoner forever. The only way to get out of the book is to get the spyglass from the captain. How do I know all this? This stuff once happened to me.

3 thoughts on “100 word challenge

1. Hamish,
    another wonderful piece mate. The words you have chosen lend a descriptive and mature feel to this piece. It’s great to see how by simply setting goals like this can lift your writing so significantly.
    Well done!
    Ant

2. Hi Hamish,
    This is awesome! I love how you experimented with different words that you don’t often use. The words brought this piece of writing more alive. I like the way your story is set out as well, because its like a sci-fi story in a way because its fiction but not fiction… i don’t know where this is going. Hopefully you get what I mean.
    Good job!
    Phoebe