Aquarium excursion reflection

NOTE: This stuff is answered directly from the questions given to us so some of it might not make sense. REFLECTION: Because we saw lots of adaptations and got told about how they work and what they help the animal with. Q: Is Antarctica really a desert? A: Yes. Q: What is the most most venomous fish? A: The Lionfish. Shark eggs look like seaweed so they blend in with seaweed. If a predator comes the baby shark senses it and stays completely still. Lionfish have 18 venomous spikes sticking out of their body. Penguins have feathers that keep them warm and their babies are brown so they can blend in with boulders. Also when they want to cool down they open their arms to expose their blubber to the cool air. Turtles can live in and out of water. Lungfish have lungs and gills. Crocodiles can make their heartbeat really slow, so they can hold their breath for two hours. Fish clean the crocodile’s teeth so it can’t live without the fish. Fish are really colourful so they blend in with the coral and also give the illusion that they’re poisonous. It made me wonder about what creatures would have been like before they adapted.

Link to aquarium website: https://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/

Pictures:   

One thought on “Aquarium excursion reflection

1. Very cool Hamish! I like the pictures and the and I also like how you put in lots of different things