100 word challenge: …as the door slammed, I knew…

“That’s so unfair!” I shouted to my mum. “Why won’t you ever let me get anything I want?” “I told you, that drone is too expensive! We can’t afford it!” Mum says. “Yes we can! It only costs $800!” I say. “We are not getting it!” Says mum. “Arrrgh! You’re the worst mum ever!” I shout. “That’s it! Go to your room!” Mum says. I storm upstairs and wrench the door open. I go in and tug it closed as hard as I can but as the door slammed, I knew that I shouldn’t of done that. Now I would never get that drone.

3 thoughts on “100 word challenge: …as the door slammed, I knew…

1. Hey Hamish, great story, very dramatic. Two things to improve: it should be ‘shouldn’t have’ not ‘shouldn’t of’ and remember you should start a new line when a new person speaks: it makes it easier to follow. I liked the use of speech in this, with your precise word choices you’ve really shown how your characters were feeling.

2. Really good use of prompt Hamish. Many children and teens slam the door in anger when they don’t get what they want but at least you know you shouldn’t have done it. Are you interested in acquiring a drone yourself?