Holiday reading reflection

Over the holidays I read Simpsons comics: Madness. There were a bunch of short stories in it, so I’ll just pick one: The rise and fall of Bart Simpson. It was set in the future when the Simpsons were all grown up. Bart was in a bed, sick. He needed a new digestive tract to live, but they were really expensive. Then the doctor came in with a new digestive tract and a letter and told the that someone had sent Bart this. The letter said: To a person I owe a debt. From a friend. Lisa went on a mission to find out who the mysterious benefactor was. She asked a bunch of people and came to the conclusion that while she was at saxophone camp, Bart had met a gangster, and Bart hid the gangster from the cops. To show thanks, the gangster gave Bart a silver case, which inside were fish logs. Bart sold them at school and became rich, but then people stopped buying them and Bart was down to his last dollar. While he was selling the fish logs, he did a lot of nice things to a lot of people, who all promised they would repay him one day. When Lisa got back to the hospital, she still didn’t know who gave Bart the digestive tract, but then the doctor said someone was there to see them. They opened the door and it was Uter, a famous actor, one of the people Bart was nice to. He told them he was the mysterious benefactor. Then Bart woke up, since the operation was a success. Lisa asked him about the fish logs, and Bart said to not say those words; the reason why he was there was because he ate too much of them!

I thought this was a very funny and clever story.

One thought on “Holiday reading reflection